Suga de BTS tells us his definition of Kpop. Surprising statements about the Kpop genre


Suga de BTS tells us his definition of Kpop. Surprising statements about the Kpop genre.

During their visit to the US, the multi-award-winning Korean band had a Q&A at the Grammy Museum with executive director Scott Goldman, which the museum recently uploaded on its Facebook page.

There, they were asked about Kpop music as a genre. Is that an accurate categorisation of their music?

Español
Durante su visita a los EE. UU., La galardonada banda coreana tuvo una sesión de preguntas y respuestas en el Grammy Museum con el director ejecutivo Scott Goldman, que el museo publicó recientemente en su página de Facebook. Allí, se les preguntó sobre la música Kpop como género. ¿Es esa una categorización precisa de su música?





After a moment of silence Suga picked up the mic and responded: ‘I’m a little careful to talk about Kpop as a genre because I don’t want to be defining Kpop as a genre,’ he told Goldman. ‘I’m a little bit wary of that but I think rather than approach Kpop as a genre, a better approach would be “integrated content”.’

Español
Después de un momento de silencio, Suga tomó el micrófono y respondió: "Tengo un poco de cuidado al hablar de Kpop como un género porque no quiero definir a Kpop como un género", le dijo a Goldman . "Estoy un poco desconfiado de eso, pero creo que en lugar de enfocar Kpop como un género, un mejor enfoque sería" contenido integrado”.



‘Kpop includes not just the music, but the clothes, the makeup, the choreography…all these elements I think sort of amalgamate together in a visual and auditory content package, that I think sets it apart from other music or maybe other genres so again, as I said, rather than approach Kpop as it’s own genre I think approaching it as this integration of different content would be better.’

Español
'Kpop incluye no solo la música, sino también la ropa, el maquillaje, la coreografía... todos estos elementos creo que se amalgaman en un paquete de contenido visual y auditivo, que creo que lo distingue de otra música o tal vez de otros géneros. , Como dije, en lugar de acercarse a Kpop ya que es su propio género, creo que lo es porque esta integración de contenido diferente sería mejor”.






‘I try not to categorise the music that I listen to. So I listen to a lot of Kpop, I listen to a lot of American pop or international music. I listen to the lyrics and I try not to set the lyrics apart. ‘I listen to the English lyrics and sometimes that gives me inspiration.’ ‘So right now, for me, I’m trying to listen to as many genres of music as possible and as broadly as possible.’ BTS are set to perform in Tokyo on 13 November for the next leg of their world tour.

Español
'Intento no categorizar la música que escucho. Entonces escucho mucho Kpop, escucho mucho pop estadounidense o música internacional. Escucho las letras y trato de no separarlas. "Escucho las letras en inglés y, a veces, eso me inspira". "Así que ahora mismo, para mí, estoy tratando de escuchar tantos géneros de música como sea posible y lo más ampliamente posible". BTS se presentará en Tokio el 13 de noviembre para la próxima etapa de su gira mundial.




Publicar un comentario

0 Comentarios